The Manager, Financial Reporting, will be responsible for managing the preparation of all SEC filings to include10-Qs, 10-K, 8-Ks, Proxy Statements, Registration Statements and other miscellaneous filings. In addition, they will be responsible for monthly and quarterly close items for more technical items. Position reports to the Vice President, Financial Reporting, and Accounting.
● Prepare the Quarterly and Annual Reports on Form 10-Q/K and manage the internal and external reviewfor all documents
● Assist with tables and tie-out of the quarterly earnings release
● Ensure adherence for the following processes: financial close, quarterly reviews and annual audits, pressrelease and periodic SEC filings
● Manage prepared by client lists for annual audits and quarterly reviews
● Responsible for recording and/or approving entries for numerous higher risk and/or technical G/Laccounts
● Responsible for researching and analyzing technical accounting issues and their application to internal and external reporting and US GAAP compliance.
● Maintain an in-depth knowledge of the general ledger, consolidation model, reporting model and manage the chart of accounts
● Prepare the ASC 718 calculations and ensure compliance as the primary owner of for stock-based compensation accounting and administration and collaborating with Payroll and Legal
● Comply with all internal audit requests related to Sarbanes-Oxley testing and maintain financial reporting procedures to comply with internal control requirements
● Manage a small staff
● Bachelor's degree or higher in Accounting or Finance
● CPA with at least 6 years of experience, preferred history with large public accounting firm, with exposure to SEC and financial reporting
● Demonstrated knowledge of US GAAP is required combined with the ability to research and company positions on complex accounting issues
● Experience as liaison to external auditors
● Project management, leadership, relationship development and people management skills.
● Results orientation with an ability to manage the overall project, collaborate with different individuals across the organization, and “roll-up the sleeves” in order to accomplish all necessary tasks
● Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage well through ambiguity and complexity
● Ability to execute and follow-through to completion with SOX-compliant documentation
● Able to navigate competing and changing priorities, communicate and address risks appropriately